Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thinking in Threes

I had dinner with a new friend last night - the woman I talked about earlier. We met in person at the local queer baby group I have mentioned before, which I attended for the first time last week. She found out she was pregnant on 1/1 (happy new year!) and joined the group to meet some other queer folks on the baby train. I'm really excited for her and have grown to like her quite a bit. One thing she told me about has got me thinking more positively today:

She recommended having a baby alter, which I sort of already have. It's actually an alter for me and B, but we have lots of baby-related stuff on there (most of it, actually). Anyway she recommended putting things on the alter in threes. One for me, one for B, and one for bebe. I already had things in threes for the most part, but we were considering them as one for me, one for B, and one for us.

So last night we played some tarot cards, which we do fairly often. We shuffled them over some sage while thinking "what do we all need in the coming week/next stage, regardless of what happens?". Here's what we got:

Me: The Fool
This one is about courage and not being lead by fear. Totally appropriate since I've been terribly fearful about using a not-willing-to-be-known donor. I'm scared if we are pregnant, but more so afraid that we're not.

So - COURAGE. NO FEAR.

(interestingly, this fool is surrounded by umbilical cords)

B got this one: Death
This one is all about death and rebirth. Not letting old, unproductive or destructive patterns continue. Letting go. Totally appropriate, seeing as how lots of old stuff has been coming up for him in the last couple of weeks.

Bebe got this one: Dominion
The "tree of life," representing energy that initiates a current of force. The "the energy in gestation/preparation before action," "energy in its purest manifested form."

I also read, "taking control of the territory around the action. Making something one's own."

So hang tight, little buddy. Be strong and claim me as your own.


Sometimes it's hard not to believe that there's something to this, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment