Monday, January 11, 2010

TTC #4 and Feeling Good

Go, sperm, go!
(A little crampy today.)

We inseminated yesterday morning. Today is CD18. On CD16 I got a strong LH surge line on my OPK, but looking at my cycles in the past, there's about 5 days between a strong LH line and my temperature rise. Plus, since we're doing IUI, and doctors tend to do IUIs 24-48 hours after the LH surge, we decided to wait a day. By morning my cervix was low but still a bit open, and my fluids were pretty dry. But we did it anyway. About 12 hours later I noticed some fertile fluid so maybe the timing was OK? I feel good about it - I feel like I've learned a bunch about my particular cycles and feel that this was better timing than in the past. I guess we'll just wait and see.

I am feeling pretty positive, trying not to let my fear of not getting pregnant make me too anxious. Just in the last couple of weeks I've heard of several women who've found out they're pregnant. A friend of ours called saying she had a "strong vision" - one of me super prego in our house, and then one with B and I head-to-head looking at our baby. Then I saw my chiropractor who said he thinks it'll be very soon. Not sure what any of these folks are seeing or why, but I'm going with it and staying positive, being grateful for my pregnancy (whenever that happens) and looking forward to being a parent. In the meantime I'm enjoying my life at home with B and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment